What do GAIANistas DO?
Driving Breakthroughs to a Thriving Future
Preliminary notes for a strategy to significantly reverse the upward thrust of spiraling population growth
This stratagem is based on the observation that academic and intellectual information have minimal, if any, power to change basic human behavior…
Information must be presented in an engaging and entertaining way... and there must be emotional hooks… Valued tangible rewards help...
And some friendly Competition seems to add an Energetic Dimension
It is understood that exponential population growth is the underlying, driving force behind ALL of our global man-made problems
Is there some way we can manage to make a critical reversal, as global resources are being diminished daily?
Dealing with ancient religious heritage and traditions:
The process begins in India with a global ecumenical and interfaith convocation of religious and spiritual leaders. Perhaps including Mystic-Sadhguru and Ingrid Vanderveldt, founder of NGO: Empowering a Billion Women By 2020, and Pope Francis. Subsequent sessions to be held in China, Israel, Japan, Rome, etc.
Thought Leaders must understand and expound on the concept... "be fruitful and multiply" was a sound directive when there were perhaps a few million people on the planet...
but not at 8 Billion. This is no longer a viable directive on a fragile living planetary system.
1.Emotional as well as Environmental/factual
2. Comic Book style and video productions -
Distributed by leader of Women’s “tribe “
3. Also on Google & YouTube - in multiple languages
(Support from Google)
4. (Disney's Moana -- maybe with her mother &
GAIA - mother Earth? share experiences)
More Ecological Education:
1. Why sex in nature (Diversity in plants and animals)
2. Oneness of all humans and animals & Plants. (Ecology message -
whole integrated, interdependent systems, only on Earth)
3. Nature’s balanced ecosystems
4. Effects of Exponential population growth in the last 100 years:
Exhausting Limited resources. Value of trees/forests. Closed interlinked,
interdependent components of whole complex system (Pouring toxic
waste into the ocean bleaches and kills coral reefs and threatens a
multitude of species that live only on coral reefs.)
5. Human impact on Loss of lakes, plants and animals. Multiple times
historical normal loses. Endangered Species disappearance intensified
Incentivize: Rewards.. Tax deduction only for first child and adoptions
Tax rate increases with more…
Rewards: Desirable gifts and experiences
1. Ocean cruises
2. Electrification of Village (with village cooperation)
3. Education - Build Inventive Schools
4. Enhance Food/water availability -
More efficient Cookstoves & Fuel
5. Introduce Aquaponic Gardening
6. Training for birth & aftercare
Dashboard of competitive progress by nation and health of the planet.
And progress on global map
Unequal reproductive risks
In the developing world, 43 per cent of pregnancies are unplanned (Guttmacher Institute, 2017).
Unintended pregnancy is more prevalent among rural, poor and less educated women. In the majority of countries, fertility rates are higher among the poorer segments of the population than among the top-income groups.
DASH - - Global Population Reduction Strategy
1. Promote adoption of extra kids
2. Differentiation: Sex for pleasure vs. sex for procreation: Education
YouTube. - Including Techniques-Tantra?
3. Personal Fitbit or Apple IoT wearable (maybe bracelet-
with multiple styles) provides women personal, ongoing
feedback of menstrual cycle.
Initial distribution to rich women. (To create credibility and desirability)
4. Ability of women (and men) to choose. With Contraception accessibility.
Reduce unwanted and unexpected pregnancies